Saturday, December 29, 2007

I am lazy

I would like to say a few words about evolution to those people who believe I molded their ancestors out of mud and a rib bone six thousand years ago:
Evolution - one of my ideas - I am lazy - can you tell?

Was I surprised when your species out-maneuvered
ice ages, the saber-toothed tigers and the Neanderthals! Well, you have not been around very long, but you are progressing at a very rapid rate. If you do not poison the nest too much, I would say you have another million years. Do not expect to become intergalactic space-monkeys, odds are you will stay within the vicinity of your star then disappear. It is part of the programming.
Accept it.

Truthfully, when I created The Universe, I wanted to do it with the least amount of effort on my part. I had to tweak this, hone that, pare away a few commands until I felt I had something elegant and beautiful that would unfold and happen on its own without any micro-managing on my part, else it would all become a huge soupy mess. Believe me, I have a lot of these failed Universes cluttering up my basement den at the moment. Anyway, evolution is one of the sub-routines I included whenever conditions are favorable.
Accept it.

No comments: